Do you have a passion for bags? Craving the must-have bag of the moment, or a timeless bag for the ages?
Seeking the bag that best fits your lifestyle? Sniffing around for a smart bag buy – a bag that not only looks great, but also carries its weight?
Read on, consumeristas, because we’re about to share a brilliant Life/Bag Hack that’s going to change your life:
How to choose the perfect bag for your needs.
The perfect trash bag, that is.
Yes, you read that right. The perfect trash bag is a game-changer. That’s a quirky little secret smart householders have sworn by since the invention of the garbage can.
Spend only a few minutes to find your ideal bag, but gain a lifetime of benefits: save gallons of cash each year.
Enjoy the perfect bag-container fit. And feel 100% more satisfied with your trash bag’s role in your life.
But first, take this short, fun quiz!
Who’s Your “Celebrity Trash Bag”?
My fashion sense is:
My highest priority is:
A. Looking good
B. Maintaining budget
C. Balancing work and life
D. Achieving professional goals
My favorite food is:
My favorite pastime is:
My favorite season is:
Mostly A’s: You are Sarah Jessica Parker! Your style is cutting-edge, stylish, savvy, modern, and boast a keen understanding of design. Your ideal trash bag is: Extra Tall Kitchen Bag in Pink.
Mostly B’s: You are Audrey Hepburn! Your style is elegant, classy, down-to-earth, gracious, and high-quality. Your ideal trash bag is: Classic Bag in Basic Black.
Mostly C’s: You are Jennifer Lawrence! Your style is laid-back, easy to use, happy, bright, fun, and well-adjusted. Your ideal trash bag is: Contractor Bag With Flaps.
Mostly D’s: You are Serena Williams! Your style is athletic, hard-driving, ambitious, no-nonsense, and performance-oriented. Your ideal trash bag is: 64 Gallon Toter Bag.
Now, let’s get down to business…
How To Choose The Right Trash Bag For Your Needs
Here’s the secret nobody knows about garbage. Three parameters define your perfect bag: Size, Thickness, and Bulk. When you have these factors down, Color is a fourth factor that you can throw in for flair and fun.
1. Size What size should your trash bag be? Measuring your bin ensures that your bag fits well without overfilling it. The right fit saves you money, allowing you to avoid purchasing unnecessarily large bags with too much material.
Figure out the width and height of the trash bag you will need based on your garbage can’s dimensions:
• Width – square/rectangle trash cans: Measure the perimeter of your trash can in inches. (“Perimeter” is the sum of all the sides.) Divide by 2. This will be the width of your trash bag.
• Width – round trash cans: Measure the diameter of your trash can in inches. (“Diameter” is the width of your trash can.) Multiply it by 3.14, or pi. Divide this number by 2. This will be the width of your trash bag.
• Height of trash can: Measure the height of your trash can or look up its dimensions online. Add four inches for overhang, plus half the width (or diameter) to the measurement of your can’s bottom. This will be your trash bag’s height.
2. Thickness Thickness means strength. You don’t want garbage breaking right through your bag and spilling onto your kitchen floor, right? And on the other hand, you don’t want to spend your hard-earned money buying Godzilla’s own garbage bag (when you can get away with Tweety’s).
Thickness refers to the type of material the bag is made out of. A low-density bag is made of a stretchy plastic that allows some flex for objects with sharp edges. A high-density bag is composed of a stiffer plastic for heavier items. How do you calculate your bag-thickness needs?
• For everyday kitchen trash – choose a .90 mil bag
. • For heavier trash and items with sharp edges – such as cardboard boxes, wood, metal, and yard waste – choose a 1.5 mil bag or higher.
• For light trash – such as papers, tissues, etc. – thinner, high-density bags will suit your needs best.
3. Bulk Buying in bulk gets you great savings. So, how many trash bags do you need?
Fortunately, trash bags never spoil, except for the compostable ones. And trash cans don’t usually need replacement. So buying your bags in bulk is a wise investment.
Luckily, Plasticplace offers volume discounts – our direct relationship with some of the largest manufacturers in the country enables us to offer wholesale pricing. So don’t just throw money at a pricey 18-pack from the QuickMart – visit Plasticplace so we can help you economize intelligently.
4. Color In our product line, the cheapest garbage bags are “basic black.” Plus, they look great with a pair of pumps. And they slim your can! (Kidding.)
If you are willing to splurge a little, though, color bags will add flair to your kitchen, office, bathroom, or any space in your place. Plasticplace matches any color of the rainbow, from Roy to G. to Biv, even a PMS color. With custom-imprinted trash bags, we can even add your own message or logo.
So, that’s it, folks, the ultimate key to garbage bag satisfaction – personalizing your bag’s size, thickness, count, and color.
Now you have what you need to strut your stuff down the driveway. Happy bagging!